Choosing the perfect niche in affiliate marketing can be challenging. Most of the popular niches are covered with enormous competition, which actively repels any newcomers.
Yet, there exist multiple niches that aren’t fiercely competitive but do attract sizable traffic.
Some of these niches are:
- AI Tools
- Internet of Things
- Diet & Supplements
- Cloud Storage
- Stock Market
- Security & Surveillance
- Male Grooming Products
This article will discuss these niches and their significance in detail.
Table of Contents
What is Affiliate Marketing?
Affiliate marketing involves promoting products or services from another company. When individuals make purchases using your affiliate link, you receive a commission, typically a percentage of the sale price or a predetermined amount.
One in six affiliate marketers makes $50K per year or more. (Influencer Marketing Hub)
What to Look for Before Selecting a Niche?
1. Personal Interest:
It is vital for you to be interested and knowledgeable in the niche that you pick. Only then will you be able to create competitive content.
Remember that Affiliate revenue is a by-product of your intellect and competitive edge.
2. Content Platform:
It is essential to ensure that the target audience is prevalent on the same platform as yourself.
For example, in order to market a political book, Twitter will be a much better platform as compared to Instagram or Snapchat.
3. Marketability of the Product:
The product should be such that people look to actively purchase it after gaining insights about its niche from your content.
For example, a person who is curious about home automation will definitely want to purchase a Smart Switch or Smart Bulb.
4. Market Trends:
Look for popular and trending products in the market as they will sell quite quickly when compared to less known products.
For example, An MB protein pack will sell more as compared to some XYZ protein.
The niche should be everlasting or related to a technological eventuality.
It is important to note that most of the traffic is generated from aged content (Ahrefs).
You should give preference to products that offer better affiliate pricing and deals if all the other parameters are sufficiently met.
For example, If LG is giving you a better affiliate deal than Samsung for a TV, just go for LG.
Some Best Affiliate Niches:
1. Major Niches:
These niches consist of a wide variety of content under one umbrella.
Although these niches are exceptionally versatile, the sheer competition they have is gigantic.
Since the content is limitless, they attract attention from every corner.
The number of views in these niches is high, but the conversion rate is low.
2. Minor Niches:
These niches are sub-categories of Major Niches but derive a tremendous amount of traffic nonetheless.
Although the traffic in these niches is less than the Major Niches, the conversion rate is much higher, and the competition is relatively low.
3. Micro Niches:
These niches are concentrated and specialized. They have low traffic but a highly enthusiastic one. Micro niches have the lowest competition among all the niches and have a very high conversion rate.
The characteristics of Micro Niches make them an ideal option for beginners.
Most Trending Affiliate Marketing Niche in 2023
1. AI Tools
The advent of AI tools has garnered great publicity in the past year. There is a lot of curiosity about various tools, such as ChatGPT, that can not only be quenched but utilized for revenue generation effectively.
Due to the enormous variety of tools in this domain, it comes out as a Major Niche.
The contribution of AI Tools to the global economy is expected to rise to $15.7 Trillion BY 2030. (Forbes)
a. Minor Niches within AI Tools:
Multiple application-specific niches can exist within AI Tools, such as:
- AI for Content Writing
- AI for Programming
- AI for Video Editing
- AI for Voice Modulation
- AI for Education
- AI for Psychiatry
- AI for Gaming
- AI for Entertainment
- AI for Consultancy
- AI for Medical Needs
b. Micro Niches within AI Tools:
Multiple tool-specific or function-specialized niches exist within AI Tools:
- Prompt Engineering
- Detection of AI Usage
- AI-Driven Web Development
- AI-Assisted Electronics
Below is an AI Tool offering a lucrative affiliation:
2. Internet of Things (IoT)
IoT is another one of those niches which have started to progress in the past couple of years.
Since IoT has broad applications from cutting-edge industries to college projects, home automation, etc., the traction that it can generate is enormous.
The number of IoT connections is slated to touch the 30 Billion mark by 2027.
a. Minor Niches within IoT:
- Smart Home Devices
- IoT Healthcare Devices
- Industrial IoT (IIoT) Sensors
- IoT-based Smart Gardening
- IoT in Agriculture
- IoT-based Energy Management
- IoT for Elderly Care
- IoT in Smart Transportation
- IoT in Smart Retail
- IoT for Environmental Monitoring
b. Micro Niches within IoT:
- Smart Switches
- Smart Speakers
- Microprocessors for IoT
- Student Projects
Below is an IoT affiliate program offered by a reputed company:
Blockchain is now more than 15 years old, but the way it has been trending in the past couple of years is truly breathtaking.
It can be an excellent Affiliate marketing domain as it takes a lot of work to engage in crypto procurement for first-timers.
Your content could easily be the gateway to crypto for many people.
a. Minor Niches within Blockchain:
- Cryptocurrency Wallets
- Cryptocurrency Exchanges
- Blockchain Education and Courses
- NFT (Non-Fungible Token) Marketplaces
- Decentralized Finance (DeFi) Projects
- Blockchain Gaming
- Blockchain for Supply Chain
- Blockchain-based Identity Verification
- Blockchain Consulting Services
- Blockchain News and Analysis
b. Micro Niches within Blockchain:
- Bitcoin Trading
- Wallet Security Tools
- Tax Norms
- Mobile Wallet Apps for Cryptocurrency
- Specific Cryptocurrencies
Below is an example of blockchain affiliation from Investopedia:
Almost every person of this generation is or was addicted to a digital game at some point.
Now, E-sports have started featuring even in the Olympics.
The best thing about this niche is that it does not involve only gaming software but also a wide variety of hardware and other systems to support it.
a. Minor Niches within E-sports:
- Esports Betting Platforms
- Gaming Gear and Accessories
- Esports Coaching and Training Services
- Esports Merchandise and Apparel
- Esports Streaming Equipment
- Esports Nutrition and Health Products
- Esports News and Analysis Tools
- Esports Ticketing and Event Services
- Esports Collectibles and Trading Cards
- Esports Software and Tools
b. Micro Niches within E-sports:
- Mobile Esports Gaming Accessories
- Esports Team Jersey Customization Services
- Analytics Software for Game Improvement
- Collectible Card Games (CCGs)
- Esports Betting Tipster Services
Here’s an example from the electronic accessories blog RTINGS.com
5. Diet & Supplements:
It is one of the most potent and evergreen niches in the market.
People determined to achieve a healthy body constantly look for quality content to improve further.
Authoritative content accompanied by strong affiliations can result in high conversions even in the Major Niche!
a. Minor Niches within Diet & Supplements:
- Keto Diet Supplements
- Vegan Supplements
- Probiotics and Gut Health
- Sports Nutrition Supplements
- Weight Loss for Men
- Supplements for Hair, Skin, and Nails
- Supplements for Joint Health
- Supplements for Cognitive Health
- Natural and Herbal Supplements
- Supplements for Specific Age Groups
b. Micro Niches within Diet & Supplements:
- Plant-Based Protein Supplements for Athletes
- Weight Loss Supplements for Post-Pregnancy
- Supplements for Digestive Disorders
- Supplements for Pet Health
- Supplements for Cognitive Decline Prevention in Seniors
Below is an example of an affiliation of a supplement seller with the news website New York Magazine.
6. Cloud Storage
Now that Google has started to limit the unrestricted use of its cloud storage services to an extent, this niche is gaining immense popularity, and what could be better than a good cloud storage affiliation at the end of an informative article about it?
a. Minor Niches within Cloud Storage:
- Business Cloud Backup Solutions
- Secure Cloud Storage for Legal Professionals
- Cloud Storage for Photographers
- Cloud Storage for Developers
- Personal Cloud Storage for Families
- HIPAA-Compliant Healthcare Cloud Storage
- Cloud Storage for Writers and Authors
- Cloud Storage for Music Producers
- Cloud Storage for Research Institutions
- Cloud Storage for Educational Institutions
b. Micro Niches within Cloud Storage:
- Cloud Storage for Graphic Designers
- Cloud Storage for Video Editors
- Cloud Storage for Remote Workers and Digital Nomads
- Cloud Storage for Game Developers
- Nonprofit and NGO Cloud Storage Solutions
Here is a perfect example from Cloudwards.
Education is forever, and its combination with quality affiliations can be advantageous.
A considerable number of tech-savvy young people often look for solutions to their educational problems on the Internet, and they can be the perfect audience for a host of products.
a. Minor Niches within Ed-Tech:
- Language Learning Apps
- Coding and Programming Courses
- Test Prep and Exam Resources
- Online Art and Creativity Courses
- STEM Education Resources for Kids
- Homeschooling Curriculum Tools
- Career Development Courses
- Edtech Tools for Special Education
- Digital Note-Taking and Study Tools
- Online Music and Instrument Lessons
b. Micro Niches within Ed-Tech:
- Online Math Tutoring Services for Elementary Students
- Edtech Tools for Adult Language Learners
- STEM Kits for Homeschooling High Schoolers
- Edtech Tools for Homeschooling with Special Needs
- Edtech for Healthcare Professionals
Below is a perfect example of multiple affiliations being brilliantly executed by the CAREERS360 website.
Must Read: 7 pages that every WordPress blog must have
Finance is an inseparable part of people’s lives, and they always look for a host of things in this niche. From banking to the stock market, finance offers a vast spectrum of affiliation opportunities.
Most financial organizations offer referral commissions abundantly.
a. Minor Niches within Finance:
- Credit Card Rewards ProgramsPersonal Finance Apps
- Peer-to-Peer Lending Platforms
- Student Loan Refinancing Services
- Retirement Planning and Investment Tools
- Cryptocurrency Investment Services
- Financial Affiliate Marketing Courses
- Small Business Accounting Software
- Stock Market Analysis Tools
- Tax Preparation Services
b. Micro Niches within Finance:
- Dividend Investing Strategies
- Real Estate Crowdfunding Platforms
- Peer-to-Peer Payment Apps
- Impact Investing Funds
- Forex Trading Signals and Analysis
Below is an example of informative affiliate marketing by Cashify.
9. Security & Surveillance
It is one of the best niches for affiliate marketing, as technical disruptions in the security field always lead to better and more effective equipment.
Potential customers require detailed information about these systems before procuring them, and that’s precisely where you could fit in.
a. Minor Niches within Security & Surveillance:
- Home Security Cameras
- Baby Monitors
- Smart Doorbells
- Hidden Cameras
- DIY Security Systems
- Fleet Tracking Solutions
- Biometric Access Control Systems
- Nanny Cams
- Elderly Monitoring Solutions
- School and Campus Security
b. Micro Niches within Security & Surveillance:
- Pet Surveillance Cameras
- Trail and Game Cameras
- Drone Security Solutions
- Smart Locks and Access Control for Vacation Rentals
- Security Consulting Services for Small Businesses
Here’s an excellent use of affiliate partnerships by reputed news website Times Of India. Here is one example,
10. Grooming Products
Grooming is a dense and saturated niche, but it has witnessed disruptions that could make it a potential goldmine for affiliate marketing.
Powerful content accompanied by significant affiliations can result in great results.
a. Minor Niches within Grooming Products:
- Beauty Products for Women
- Grooming Products for Pets
- Grooming Essentials for Men
- Beauty Salons
- Reputed Makeup Brands
- Natural and Organic Grooming Products
- Nail Care and Manicure Sets
- Foot Care Products
- Eyebrow Grooming Tools
- Shaving Products For Men
b. Micro Niches within Grooming Products:
- Grooming for Weddings
- Makeup For Men
- Athlete-Specific Grooming Products
- Pet Grooming for Specific Breeds
- Luxury Shaving Kits
A stand-out example is makeup products for men. It is a micro niche in its infancy but witnesses charged ideological debates across the spectrum. It results in a considerable amount of traffic that could be utilized effectively.
This brings us to the logical end of the endless discussion of niches in affiliate marketing. Just creating content that fits your users and is perfect for promoting affiliate products, is not enough. You need to measure your performance and users’ behaviors, tools like Google Analytics 4 and Microsoft Clarity can help you with that.
Now that you have developed an understanding of what niche to get into and how to make your efforts generate crispy dollar bills, it is time for you to conquer the endless tides of content marketing.